Friday, January 7, 2011

Gratitude


I don't do resolutions. First of all, I'm not organized enough. Although my very, very Capricorn wife has shown me the way many times, I'm not real big on lists. Therefore the act of categorizing the numerous things I'd like to do better, or simply do, on a yearly basis, and then ticking them off, or not ticking them off, just doesn't work for me. I should point out, though, that my wife doesn't do resolutions either...

Anyhoo...non-resolution minded though I am, there are a few things I try to remind myself to do throughout the year, and especially at a time of mental renewal such as this. One of those is to thank the universe everyday for my previously mentioned, infinitely patient wife, Kim.


After fifteen years of marriage and the endurance of my often temperamental moods, when I announced to her recently that I was going to set aside music and focus intently on the study of a discipline that as of slightly more than a year ago I had almost no inclination towards, she merely nodded and asked if I was going to concentrate on oils or acrylics....


If that isn't the epitome of faith, I don't know what is....
...did I mention that she herself is a tremendous artist? Check her work out at www.purpleskyphotography.com.

Today's resolution involves another still-life....(these frigging wine bottles are kicking my butt)

No comments:

Post a Comment